Experience: *April 2015 Till date Oberoi Group of Hotels and Resorts : Pastry chef
Trident hotel :Gurgaon http://www.tridenthotels.com/hotels-in-gurgaon
Voted India’s Leading Business Hotel World Travel Awards, 2016
In the heart of bustling Gurgaon, lies an oasis where you can smell the fresh grass, hear the birds sing and simply pause for pleasure. Our world cuisine restaurant, Cilantro, offers delicacies from Italian, Mediterranean, South-East Asian and Indian cuisine. For authentic regional Indian dining, let the chefs at Saffron indulge your palate with some curries and kebabs. The bright and cheerful Konomi serves contemporary Japanese cuisine along with an extensive range of Sakes.
*Deputed to Sukhvilas, Siswan forest as part of pre opening team for Patisserie & bakery
The Oberoi group of Hotels and Resorts Pastry Chef
The Oberoi New Delhi
Flag ship hotel of the Oberoi group,located in the capital.
Top city hotels in Asia - Travel + Leisure,World's Best Awards, Readers' Survey 2011 Best Hotel in New Delhi - DestinAsian, Readers’ Choice Awards 2011 Best Overseas Business Hotels (Ranked 10th) - Condé Nast Traveller, UK, Readers’ Travel Awards 2010 Amongst the top 100 Hotels in Asia – Condé Nast Traveler, USA, Readers’ Choice Awards 2010
Located in the heart of the business and shopping districts of Bangalore, the luxury hotel has an abundance of greenery that is characteristic of the ‘Garden City’.Guests can enjoy cuisine from around the world. The hotel offers impeccable service, understated luxury, fine cuisine .
· Report directly to the Executive chef; manage the kitchen in his absence.
· Part of the opening team for the the The Oberoi Patisserie and gourmet shop in The Oberoi New Delhi.
· Catered to desserts and breads for award winning Thai specialty, Chinese specialty, all day dining restaurant along with a bar and In room dining and numerous sit down menus.
· Developed the new pastry shop (take away) menu and a very successful Christmas ginger bread chalet sale.
· Pushed the cake and bread sale up by 120 %,.and doubled the wedding cake and theme cake sale.
· Implemented strict systems for hygiene standards that helped in getting a 98% mark in the medina audit and 100 % in the British airways audit.
· Turned around the scenario in bakery where turnover was rampant, groomed and trained 2 assistant pastry chefs & and a team of 12 commis.
· Responsible for Recruitment, Policy and procedures set up, sourcing the supplier chains, Installation of equipment etc of the bakery and pastry
· Hosted the COMESA conference,and assured comfort for 20 Presidents and heads of African countries.
· Developed all the menus for running the first five star hotels in the country, keeping in mind the challenges of getting fresh supplies to the horn of Africa for the first time.
· Managed a team of 3 expatriate pastry chefs. Trained a team of 13 cooks, with no formal cooking experience.
· The Five star hotel boasts of an all day dining restaurant ”Lac assal”, Pastry shop ”Café Arta”, pool bar “Lac Abbe”, banqueting and out door catering.
· All the breads and breakfast pastries are made in-house and are very popular with the guests .The pastry shop has reputation for making the wonderful wedding cakes, and French pastries.
*November 2004 –2006 Kempinski Hotels and Resorts, Executive Pastry Chef /Pre-opening.
Kilimanjaro Kempinski: Tanzania
(Selected as hot 100 new hotels by Conde nast traveller, 2006)
· Hired for the opening of the five star property. Grand opening on October 2005 attended by the then President, HE William Makapa.
· Trained a team of 11 cooks to produce an exotic array of homemade ice creams, breads, breakfast pastries, and introduced the country to the flavour of modern pastries and authentic breakfast fare.
· The hotel features an all day dining restaurant and ‘oriental’ restaurant serving south-east Asian cuisine. In addition it has 2 bars, the ‘Pool Juice Bar’ and the ‘Roof Bar’ and a casino. Banqueting up to 800 pax, and 24 hour room service.
· Leading all opening procedure relating to bakery and pastry such as concept and menu development, equipment ordering, staffing, recruitment and training, writing and implementing of policies and procedures etc.
· Hosting prestigious events such as Rawanda-Burundi Peace talks attended by the delegations of the two nations, and presided over by the President of Tanzania HE J.Kikwete.
* September – November 2005 Kempinski Hotels and Resorts, Executive Pastry Chef
Pre-opening : Zamani Kempinski, Zanzibar .
· Member of the ‘task force’ for the pre-opening of the Zamani Kempinski Resort located on the spice island of Zanzibar.
· Involved in the kitchen /pastry design for the opening, from paper to installation.
· Conducted training work shops for the pastry and bakery team of 10 Tanzanians, in continental desserts & breads. Implementation of cycles of production, developed bakery pastry menus for all the outlets, sourced out local suppliers.
· The resort is all of 118 villas; spread over 50 acres of scenic seaside.
An all day dining restaurant ‘cloves’, ‘red snapper’ seafood specialty restaurant, pool bar and 24 hours room service are the dining options available to the guests.
Joined the Kempinski group for the learning opportunity offered, by becoming a part of the
Pre-opening team , and to travel to Africa to experience a new culture. ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
*June 2004 to October 2004 The Oberoi Hotels and Resorts, Pastry Chef
The Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur, India
(Grand Award Winner: Andrew Harper’s Hideaways, 2001
Top 100: Best of the Best: Condé Nast Traveller, 2000
Best Inland Resorts (Ranked 4th): Gallivanter's Guide, 2000
Member of the small leading hotels of the world)
· Developed menus for the luxurious picnic take away bags which became trade mark for the hotel.
· Groomed a team of 10 fresh form college to become a member of the kitchen which runs on daily changing menus for lunch and dinner, serving a mainly European clientele.
· Implementation of staff training programmes on basic food hygiene and handling, cuisines, new trends in the world of pastry.
· 118 luxury villas offer the guest 4 outlets to choose from, Indian specialty ’Suryamahal’, Mediterranean and western fare in ‘Udaimahal’, candlelit dinner at the ‘courtyard’, and the ‘bar’
Promoted to Executive Pastry Chef and transferred to the Oberoi Udaivilas.
*June 2002 to June 2004 The Oberoi Hotels and Resorts, Sous Chef Pastry
The Oberoi Rajvilas, Jaipur, India
(Top Hotels Worth the Splurge (Ranked 1st in Asia) Travel + Leisure,05
Best Hotels in Asia for Overall Value (Ranked 3rd) Travel + Leisure,05
Best Hotels in the World for Service: score of 100 : Condé Nast traveler,04
Editor’s Choice: Favorite Hideaway Resorts of the Past 25 Years: Andrew
Harper’s Hideaways, 25th Anniversary Special 2004, Member of the Small
leading hotel of the world, leading spas of the world)
· Recreating the magnificence of princely Rajasthan, in a beautiful fort setting, with Jaipur as its backdrop. The Oberoi Rajvilās is set in 32 acres of landscaped gardens with pavilions and reflection pools that create the romance and grandeur for the 180 villas and luxury tents.
· Worked under the guidance of Michelien star chef’s, Danielle Patterson and Chef Andrew Whiffen
· Helped bring stability to the hotel which has a very turnover of staff in the pastry section, managed to retain 90% of the staff for my tenure.
· Organized exposure training for 4 of my 10 patisserie and bakery staff in other Oberoi hotels, along with in-house training programmes.
· Developed new flavors of ice creams inspired from the traditional sweets of Rajasthan, immensely popular with the guests.
· Implementation of new menus, standards, workflows in pastry and bakery section : for theme menus, luxury picnic baskets, Du jour menus
· While in my presence the Oberoi Rajvilas passed the public health inspection by 100 points.
Promoted to Sous chef and transferred to Rajvilas, coupled with my desire to run operations in a resort set up
*October 2001 to June 2002 The Oberoi Hotels and Resorts, Senior chef de partie
The Oberoi New Delhi, India
(Member of the Leading hotels of the world)
· A centrally located Business hotel,280 rooms, with very busy pastry shop,3 restaurants and banqueting up to 600 pax.
· Overall supervision of the department, one year each in bakery and pastry, night baker for 6 months.
· Handled all order for special designed cakes and assisted the chef in developing new products.
Promoted to chef de partie and offered a position in Delhi.
*May 2000 to October 2000 The Oberoi Hotels and Resorts, Commis Pastry/ Bakery
The Oberoi Grand, Calcutta, India
(Member of the leading hotels of the world)
· A heritage property, 125 years old, 210 rooms and suites, located in the heart of the city, an icon in the state and very popular with locals and Europeans alike for its old world charm and British architecture.
· Trained in all sections and shifts of bakery and pastry and developed my basic skills under the guidance expatriate pastry chefs. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Education & Training: * * Attended patisserie specialised class by chef Antonio Bachour in lavonne Academy , Bangalore , 2017 Attended training on Japanese inspired French desserts by Chef Kanjiro Mochi 2018 Attended training on Artisan chocolates and bonbons in Callebaut chocolate Academy , Belgium : March 2017 Attended Training course on Gelatos , from International school of Gelato Mec3 ,Italy : february 2017 Attended specialised training on ice creams in Caprigiani :Gelato university in Bologna ,Italy February 2017 · Attended and Organised International Patisserie conclave : Golden Crust featuring 2016 http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2016-01-06/news/69564028_1_oberoi-group-corporate-air-charters-traditional- indian-cuisine Chef Anil Rohira : Patisserie https://chefanilrohira.com/about/ Chef Peter Yuen : Bread and Lamintated doughs https://www.olivier-bajard.com/en/peter-yuen/ Kriti Walia : Wedding Cakes https://www.facebook.com/Cupolicious-184927138196155/
* Attended sugar workshop by Peter Gyorgyicsek - Hungarian Master Pastry Chef http://www.sugardecor.com/about-sugar-decor.html
* Trianed at lenotre paris: Macarons, Entrements, Viennese bakery
* Training at the Macaron school in Bangkok : with chef Eric Perez M.O.F http://www.macaronbkk.com/classdetail.php?id=352350
· Training with Le Cordon Bleu at The Oberoi patisserie.with chef Christian Faure M.O.F https://www.cordonbleu.edu/index.cfm?fa=NewsEventFrontMod.DisplayNewsPage&ElementID=446&SetLangID=1
· Aattended Sugar training work shop with chef Hong at lavonne Academey https://thelavonneblog.wordpress.com/tag/e-hong-sugar/
· Graduated with a Gold medal, topped the Kitchen Management Programme of OCLD :2002
Postgraduate course in kitchen management, Oberoi Centre Of Learning and development. (OCLD) the premier institute in this field affiliated to the Oberoi hotels and resorts.Admission is only on the basis of merit in a national level examination and a series of interviews conducted by the (OCLD).
· Topped the hotel management college in all three semesters. IHM Pusa (Institue of Hotel Management & catering Technology , Pusa,Delhi)
· Certified safe steps training ( Ecolab) ,Intermediate HACCP certified by Johnson diversy
· Certified TAP Series (Ritz Carlton):
· Ranked 9th in the country in the final examinations Diploma in hotel management, Institute of hotel management ,Pusa Delhi
· 10+2 CBSE board examinations, passed with merit: Delhi, India
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.